Investing in Sandton’s Most Sought-After Suburbs
Category Property News
Dubbed “Africa’s Richest Square Mile”, the sophisticated Sandton region has lived up to its identifier wholeheartedly. Home to many of South Africa’s top leaders of industry and a strong thriving commercial sector – this city with its commanding landscape towered by New York style skyscrapers, simultaneously contains several exclusively upmarket residential nodes – where the wealthy and established reside. Living in one of these coveted suburbs is a dream that many aspire and work towards. Apart from spectacular modern penthouses, apartments and grand stately homes - Sandton offers its residents a fast-paced lifestyle coupled with all the conveniences of a global city.
These areas’ location and exclusive way of life make them the most sought-after in the province – here is a look at five upmarket Sandton suburbs you will want to invest in.
• Average asking price for a four-bedroom home: R 6 782 478
• 8 km from Sandton city centre.
• Schools: Michael Mount Waldorf School, Curro Castle Nursery School Bryanston, Brescia House School.
Bryanston boasts a wide range of property types at both extremes of the price spectrum. The market is made up of apartments, residential complexes and large affluent homes with expansive gardens. The area has experienced a boom in demand as it falls within an exclusive catchment area that still offers affordable property options.
• Average asking price for a four-bedroom home: R 7 797 833
• 4 km from Sandton city centre
• Schools: Redhill School, Oakhill Preschool, Sandton Primary School
Bordering on Rivonia Road, this upmarket suburb provides residents with a perfect proximity to the city, thus proving popular as a residential address for those commuting to and from Johannesburg’s business district for work. The suburb is also characterised by a mix of post-war homes and secure townhouse complexes.
• Average asking price for a four-bedroom home: R 9 840 000
• 5 km from Sandton city centre
• Schools: St Teresa's School, Rosebank Primary School, Rosebank Mercy Convent
Rosebank is a cosmopolitan area known for a large amount of commercial activity that takes place in its business district. However, Rosebank also boasts a large residential area. Properties in Rosebank, especially the apartment buildings in close proximity to the Gautrain and office blocks, receive a lot of interest – freestanding properties are truly rare. This area attracts a younger, ambitious working buyer who wishes to be close to work.
• Average asking price for a four-bedroom home: R 12 349 658
• 4 km from Sandton city centre
• Schools: Hyde Park High, Craighall Primary School
Bordering Sandhurst and the commercial hotspot of Illovo, is the second most expensive area in Sandton. The high-demand of properties in Hyde Park is fuelled by its fantastic security, tree-lined sidewalks and its tranquil atmosphere despite its centrality to the city.
• 2 km from Sandton city centre
• Average asking price for a four-bedroom home: R 23 160 651
• School: Sandhurst Pre- & Preparatory College,
The wealthiest and most expensive suburb in Gauteng is Sandhurst, home to the Sandton City mall and some of the most spectacular properties in the country. Sandhurst is possibly the most sought after area in Sandton - with a vibrant lifestyle and many career opportunities within a short distance from the suburb – Sandhurst persistently attracts the established, ambitious and super-affluent.
Buying a home in one of these affluent areas is a great investment in the quality of lifestyle you will enjoy while residing here. RE/MAX Masters has exclusive properties in available in Sandhurst, Hyde Park, Rosebank, Bryanston, and Morningside. If you are interested in viewing one of these upmarket abodes contact us today.
Author: RE/MAX Masters